When I saw the Publix sale info for the week, and saw the Tostitos, my mind went straight to Nachos. Especially these, because they are so easy and filling! You can’t have Nachos without Guacamole! We love guacamole in our house. Those store bought tubs just don’t do it justice. It is so simple, there is no reason why you can’t enjoy this yummy dip at home!
These would be perfect to have on the opening day of football season! Your hubby would love you forever!
Now, when I make these Weekly Meal Deal Posts it is before the actual sale. So, I tend to use what I have on hand. Like this week. I am going to use ground turkey for the nachos because Publix has a super deal on it. I already had ground beef on hand, and the turkey wasn’t on sale on Wednesday when I made these. My recipes are made to be easy, they are also flexible. You can interchange some ingredients, or add something you like. I am all for making the recipe your own.
I am just here to show you some of the great meals you can make with ingredients that are on sale!
- 1 lb ground Turkey (or beef)
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chips (Tostitos)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cook ground Turkey and onion in a skillet on medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain if necessary, and add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Cook on medium heat until meat is seasoned.
- Layer Totilla chips, Seasoned Turkey, and Cheese in an ungreased 13×9 dish. Add tomato and Olives (optional). I added cilantro, because I had it on hand. I also added refried beans, cause hubby wanted me to. 🙂
Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
- Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with Salsa, Sour Cream and Guacamole!
- 1 Avocado
- ½ tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- Dash of dried Cilantro, or sprig of fresh
- Small jalapeno (optional) Mine came from my garden!