As promised here is the GFCF Pumpkin Pie recipe. Ok, so it’s after midnight, but it’s up! I found the Pie Crust Recipe online. It is very easy and seems to have made a nice crust.
**Disclaimer** I don’t do crusts. I love to bake. I am just not good at crusts. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t know. I am the lady who always buys a frozen pie crust.
After making my disclaimer this pie crust was no different. I wish it was prettier, but this is what you get from the lady who isn’t good with pie crusts.
Now, for the filling. I used my family’s recipe. I just used canned coconut milk in place of canned evaporated milk. If you would like to make this Pumpkin Pie filling regular just use 2 cans evaporated milk instead.
The filling recipe will make to standard pies (not deep dish). So, keep that in mind. It smells delicious! I have not cut it yet because it is midnight and it just came out of the oven. I will update tomorrow on how it tastes, but so far so good!
GFCF Pumpkin Pie
Pie Crust (enough for 2 pies)
- 2- 1/2 Cups All Purpose Baking Mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups Butter flavored Crisco
- 4-6 Tbsp Ice cold water
- Mix together baking mix, salt, and Crisco in food processor. You can also cut them together with a fork. Mix will be crumbly.
- Slowly add water 1 Tbsp at a time until dough comes together in a ball.
- Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour until cold.
- Sprinkle a little more Baking Mix on the counter and roll dough into a circle.
- Place in pie pan and trim to fit pan.
Pumpkin Pie Filling (enough for 2 regular pie pans)
- 6 beaten eggs
- (1) 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- (1) 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
- In a large bowl beat 6 eggs.
- Add 1 can of Pumpkin.
- Mix in the sugar, salt and Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Add the can of coconut milk.
- Fill the pie crust with filling
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Then turn heat down to 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- You may need to cover crust with aluminum foil to keep from burning.
- Cool completely before serving. Refrigerate unused portion.