Have you been able to crack the coupon code??
Frequent couponers sometimes forget that not everyone knows what we are talking about. We get so busy typing up deals and using our abbreviation, we forget that the new couponers have no idea what they mean. Never fear. Here is a handy dandy list to help you out! I will put it up under the coupons tab at the top of the page for an easy reference! Let me know if I missed any!
- P&G = Procter & Gamble Sunday insert
- RP = Red Plum
- SS = SmartSource
- V = Valassis
You will typically see a coupon from a paper listed with a (3/21/10 SS) That means you will find the coupon in the Smart Source insert from 3/21.
It is super easy to file your inserts by date. Then, when you see a matchup like this just pull the 3/21 file and grab the coupon. No more spending hours clipping!
- $1/1, $1/2, etc. = One dollar off one item, one dollar off two items, etc.
- 2/$1, 3/$2, etc. = Two items for one dollar, three items for two dollars, etc.
- BOGO = Buy one item get one item free
- B2GO = Buy two items get one item free
- Blinkies = Grocery/drugstore coupon dispensers with blinking lights
- Cat = Catalina coupon, prints from a separate machine when your receipt prints
- CRT = Cash register tape, usually used when referring to CVS coupons that print with receipt
- ECBs = ExtraCare Bucks, CVS loyalty rewards system
- FAR = Free after rebate
- IPQ = Internet printable coupon
- MFR = Manufacturer
- MIR = Mail-in rebate
- OYNO = On your next order
- OOP = Out of pocket
- Peelie = Peel-off coupon found on product packaging
- PSA = Prices starting at
- RRs = Register Rewards, Walgreens’ Catalina coupons
- SCR = Single Check Rebate, Rite Aid monthly rebates program
- UPC = Universal Product Code, bar code on a product
- WT = Wine tag, no alcohol purchase necessary to use these coupons
- WYB = When you buy
- YMMV = You mileage (or manager) may vary, some stores may allow you to do a deal, some may not.
Sometimes you may see IE or FF after a coupon. IE= Internet Explorer and FF= Mozilla Firefox. Click the link that corresponds with your web browser to print the coupon!