It’s 5 O’clock and you have forgotten all about dinner. The kids are hungry, and you don’t want to buy takeout! What do you do?? What does your stockpile look like? Do you have pasta and Chicken Nuggets? Then you have the makings of a meal. Baked Chicken Pasta Parmesan!
This is inspired by a restaurant meal I once had. I ordered this Chicken Pasta Parmesan and was so surprised when it came out. It was delicious, but it was just ziti pasta in a bowl with some chicken tenders cut up and cheese melted over the top! I paid $7.75 for something that I could make for pennies! I guess that is the price we pay for convenience.
Almost every ingredient need for this recipe is on sale this week. I will feature the price of the ingredients after the recipe. I do make my own chicken nuggets at my house because of my children’s food allergies.
If you too have allergies you could also buy Gluten Free pasta if you have to eliminate that from your diet. I can’t help you on the cheese. I have looked and looked for a delicious dairy free alternative to cheese and haven’t found one. I have been looking for years. So, if anybody knows of one…my ears are open!
OK…I will stop blabbing and just feed you already!
Baked Chicken Pasta Parmesan
- 1 dozen Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pkg pasta your choice
- 1 jar of sauce
- 1 pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shaky Cheese ~ Parmesan~ (optional)
- Optional ingredients (Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Onions, Peppers)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare Pasta as directed on package.
Here is where you find the cost breakdown! What if I told you you could feed a family of 4 this delicious meal for less than it cost me for 1 serving at that cute little restaurant. Oh, and stock your pantry at the same time! Crazy?? I think not. Just wait!
These prices are for the current week at Publix. You could make this meal cheaper from items in your stockpile or items on sale at another store. This is just the price if you went to Publix today to buy what you need, and then some!
(2) Fast Fixin’ Chicken Breast Nuggets – or Tenders, Popcorn Chicken, or Chicken Fries – 23 or 26 oz pkg. – BOGO $5.99
(2) -$1/1 Fast Fixin’ Item, Any (Publix Coupon) – Healthy Meals. Healthy Kids (exp 3/20)
(2) -$1/1 PRINT
Making in just $1.99 for 2 bags
(2) Prego Italian Sauce – or Meat Sauce, Assorted Varieties, 23.5 or 24 oz jar – BOGO $2.69 ($2.07 Atlanta)
(1)-$.50/2; $1/1 Prego Heart Smart Italian Sauce, any two – 02-07-10 SS
Making it $2.19 for 2 jars. Less in Atlanta
(6) Mueller’s Pasta – Assorted Varieties, 12 or 16oz box or 100% All Natural Whole Wheat Pasta, 13.25 oz box (Excluding Lasagna, Jumbo Shells, and Noodles) – BOGO $1.39
(2) -$1/3 PRINT
Making it $2.17 for 6 boxes of pasta or $0.36/ea!
(1) Sargento Shredded Cheese – or Sunburst, Assorted Varieties, 5 to 8 oz pkg.– 2/$4
(1) -$.50/1 Sargento Natural Cheese Snacks, Any 5 Oz. + – 01-03-10 SS – 03-03-10 SS
making it $1.50
Grand total this week $7.85
Divide by 4
$1.96 per person!
- 5 extra boxes of pasta
- 1 extra bag of chicken nuggets
- 1 extra jar of sauce
Here is a new feature! Let me know what you think.
You will have enough groceries to make this meal again, or put together a different yummy creation! All for less than it cost for my original inspirational bowl of pasta! Amazing!