Photo Courtesy of AllRecipes.com
Sometimes even though I have the best intentions things donât go my way. Today for example; I had taken a week off for Christmas, and was ready to hit the kitchen and the world of blogging. However, the universe had another planâŠthe FLU! My hubby began to not feel good a couple days ago and we have been dropping like flies every since.
Although I did not hit the kitchen myself, I did find this recipe via AllRecipes.com. It is a fabulous one! With all the bowl games and get-togethers it is nice to serve something fresh and healthy for a change. I doesnât hurt that I love fruit, and the Florida strawberries are in season! If you see them at the store, grab some. They are super sweet due to our cold weather this year.
Make some room on your table for this treat! You will be glad you did!
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups cinnamon sugar
1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
I have tons of great football food! Check out some of my Appetizers!