I was the typical kid. If it was a vegetable and it was green, chances were, I wasn’t going to eat it. While my taste buds have changed and I can stomach most any vegetable thrown my way…with the exception of beets….Asparagus is one I could take or leave.
However, the simplicity of this recipe, and the crispy bacon left me wanting more! This was the perfect side dish to our weekend BBQ, because it is flexible enough to go on the grill. It was even appealing to the kids, because…who doesn’t like bacon?! Next time I will have to make more!
- 20 Spears Asparagus
- 10 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Dash of Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, or heat grill.
- Wash and trim Asparagus.
- Toss asparagus with the Olive Oil, and a dash of salt.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap one half of a slice around each spear.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet with an edge so the grease doesn’t run off.
- Bake for 30-40 Minutes in the oven or until bacon is crispy.
- Or to Grill secure ends with toothpicks. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 8-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning occasionally. Discard toothpicks.