I am always being asked for more meatless meals. I guess I don’t post many because we don’t go meatless in my house that often. My Husband and I both come from families that had meat on the table every night. Typically as meatless as we get is pizza, and then it probably will have peperoni.
There is that rare occasion when meat isn’t needed. Black Beans and Rice is one of them. I usually make such a huge batch there is always left overs. When there are, these Black Bean Burritos are soon to follow. They are creamy, filling and delicious! If you are looking for something to make that is meatless and affordable these will do it everytime!
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (or 2 Cups left Over Black Beans)
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.
- Top with Guacamole, Sour Cream, Lettuce…whatever your favorite toppings are.