It’s getting hot outside. Too hot to cook, too hot to do many things except for lay with my feet up watching the kids playing in the sprinkler. Target played right along with my plans this week by have a great deal on taco shells.
I grabbed my ingredients and turned my hubby loose with the grill. This meal is so delicious, quick, and easy. You can even grill ahead of time for quicker prep. You can serve this with homemade guacamole, and salsa. Plus, you can make the marinade with homemade taco seasoning instead of store bought. Serve with a side of Spicy Black Bean Rice and you have a serious meal!
- 1½ – 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 packet taco seasoning or homemade
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Taco Shells
- Taco Sides (cheese, lettuce, salsa, etc.)
- In a bowl wisk together taco seasoning, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Use as a marinade on chicken for about 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Heat grill and cook chicken over a medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice chicken and serve in taco shells with toppings of your choice