I love Halloween, Fall, and all things Autumny. However, you can ask anyone who really knows me, and they will tell you that my weakness this time of year is Candy Corn. I can’t help myself. I will buy one bag, cause who doesn’t buy at least one bag. Then that first bag disappears…who knows where it goes. And then there is another bag purchased. Now, this has become worse since they have started releasing coupons for these honey sweet triangles. I have restrained myself the past 2 trips to the store and have not bought a bag….I promise!
So since I have been good, I decided to do my ode to candy corn this week and make candy corn cookies. I typically make big cookies but these little candy corn cookies are a perfect snack size. If you just want a quick nibble of something sweet these will do the trick. Plus, they are so festive!
- 1 Batch of Prepared Sugar Cookie Dough (Homemade or Packaged is fine)
- Orange Food Coloring
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough.
- Divide the Sugar Cookie dough into ⅓.
- Mix the cocoa powder into ⅓ of the dough
- Mix a few drops of orange coloring into the second third of the dough
- Leave the final third plain.
- Line a loaf pan with waxed paper.
- Begin to layer the cookie dough into the loaf pan by pressing in each color until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. or if you are inpatient like me…freeze for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from pan with waxed paper and slice into sections. Then cut each section into triangles.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
I mixed in the Cocoa Powder to 1/3 of the dough. And hand mixed in the yellow food coloring to the other 1/3. My kids ran off with the red. So I couldn’t make orange.
Layer the dough into a wax paper lined loaf pan.
Remove dough from pan and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Serve or store in an airtight container! YUM!