I am always looking for kid friendly meals that will please the whole family. Let’s admit, there are only so many times a year you can eat chicken nuggets without turning into one. So I figured I would experiment in the kitchen this afternoon. I started pulling out some easy ingredients for a chicken dressing that was so good, the little ones asked for seconds, and so did the hubby.
This meal is super easy, and affordable which helps it earn 5 stars in my book. Plus, dinner was on the table in 30 minutes or less. Gotta love it!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders, or sliced Chicken Breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle of dried cilantro (cause I wanted to be fancy)
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco or Crystal brand
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste (optional)
- Salt and Pepper the chicken tenders. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning as necessary, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, hot red pepper sauce, cilantro, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust the ingredients as needed. You may want to use less hot sauce and add it to taste. If you use too much hot sauce right off the bat, you can add more honey and lemon juice to cut the spice.
- As you remove the chicken from the skillet dip it in the sauce before plating. You can also serve some of the sauce on the side for dipping.