Christmas is less than a week away and I am looking for something new to put on the table. So I decided to try my hand at Yorkshire Pudding. Which is kinda funny because it isn’t pudding at all. It is a popover. Well, why didn’t they just say so. My hubby is always looking for some new and exciting excuse for me to make gravy. The Popovers are really easy to make, the worst part is being patient and waiting for them while they bake.
Don’t forget to check out these other great side dish recipes too!
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- shortening or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease LARGE muffin tin’s well.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add milk and butter.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full; bake 1 hour.
- Do not be alarmed if filling puffs up around sides and appears to grow, this is normal.
- A wonderful side to any traditional meal.
- Serve with gravy, butter, salt or my favorite-just plain.