If you are looking for something light to satisfy your sweet tooth this weekend, but you are counting calories it can be hard. This Blueberry Angel Dessert is the perfect combinations of textures and sweetness. I personally love fruit and could eat it by itself without a problem. When it is added to a dessert dish like this is really brings out the flavors.
If you are looking for a good Angel Food Cake Recipe to make for this dessert here is a really yummy one.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes.
- Spread evenly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.