Tomorrow is a special day at my house. It is the birthday of my #1 baby. My little girl will be ELEVEN! It is so hard to believe! I asked her what type of cake she wanted, and I got the cutest response. Since she has a dairy allergy she always walks by the bakery case and covets those delicious specialty cakes. She said, “I want a chocolate strawberry cake Not just a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, but a fancy cake with real strawberries and the gooey filling inside.”
So basically I had to become a pastry chef! I am always looking for short cuts and this is no different. These cupcakes have the gooey creamy center she wanted without a huge mess in my kitchen. Here are the delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes we made for her special day. It would be amazing to surprise a special someone with on Valentines day too!
Happy Birthday Gracie!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened or Dairy Free Cream Cheese Substitute
- 2 TBSP Strawberry Jam
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or to the temperature recommended on the cake mix package.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions, but do not bake.
- In separate bowl cream together cream cheese, Jam and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers. Fill ⅔ full with chocolate cake batter. Add 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture to the center, and top with more cake batter.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Cool and frost with Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Top with a Fresh Strawberry