I love creative recipes that utilize items already in the pantry! With summer vacation almost here I am prepared to be knee deep in hot dogs, hamburger, and chicken nuggets. I got this recipe the other day from Pringles and wanted to share it with you. It is totally flexible. You could use another type of chip or even crushed pretzels as the breading for the chicken.
My kids love these homemade chicken nuggets that I use rice chex to make. I usually make a huge batch a head of time and keep them in the freezer. Not only are they healthier, but cheaper than store bought nuggets.
If you want to try making your own nuggets check this out!
- ·2- 6.38-ounce cans of Pringles (BBQ or Honey Mustard flavor)
- ·2 pounds of boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into 1½” nuggets
- ·2 cups of skim milk or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle.
- Place nuggets in milk.
- Puree the Pringles in a food processor, and pour into a large sealable plastic bag. Place two or three nuggets at a time in the bag and shake to coat.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and place the well-coated nuggets in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let stand, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes to crisp.