Taco or Burrito night happens at my house at least once a week. I am always left looking for new and inventive side dishes so my crew doesn’t get bored. That is easier said than done, especially since I really don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
This Salsa Pasta Salad, is fresh, easy, and will wow any crowd! Throw in some diced rotisserie chicken or some black beans and turn it into a meal!
This couldn’t be any easier! I just boiled a box of elbow macaroni according to the package. Feel free to use gluten free pasta.
- 1 (16oz) box elbow macaroni
- 1 (10oz) container of Roasted Tomato Wholly Salsa (or other brand)
- 1 (14oz) can of whole kernel corn (drained)
- ½ cup diced green onion
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Stir in salsa, drained corn, onion and cheese.
Once the pasta was done, I drained and put it in a large bowl with a can of drained whole kernel corn, 1 tub of Roasted Tomato Wholly Salsa (you can substitute your fav 10oz of salsa), and 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend. I also added some fresh green onion from my garden. (About 1/2 cup diced.)
Give it a good stir. This makes a ton (by the way). You may want to half it (or use the rest for left overs).
Serve with your favorite Mexican dish or by it self. You will love it!