I am calling this one a kitchen shortcut because I am always cooking or cleaning. The rings either come off or get gunked up. Yep…I used the word gunked. I was sitting (at the kitchen table) the other day and looked down at my hands. Besides my chipped nail polish, which I need to take off, I noticed my rings were dirty. It was time to pull out my tried and true recipe for Jewelry Cleaner!
I threw together this simple concoction that does the trick every time! Once they have soaked for a little bit, I just take and an old toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies and voila! They are sparkly clean.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dish detergent
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece aluminum foil
- Use really hot water (just heat it in the microwave for a minute or 2)
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil and cover the bottom of a bowl.
- Pour the hot water in the aluminum foil bowl, along with all of the other ingredients.
- Drop in your jewelry and let it sit for 5-10 mins.
- Use an old toothbrush to get them super shiny. Rinse and pat dry.
Give it a whirl the next time you get your rings dirty. Don’t miss these other great Kitchen Short Cuts!