It is that time! Time to start decorating for Halloween and making fun treats with the kids. Â I am like a big kid cause I get just as excited as they do. Â I found a bunch of pears on sale at the grocery store and bought them because who can pass up a great deal like that?! I sat here and starred at them. Â They looked back at me with their green freckled skin. Â My youngest asked me what I was doing. Â I told her I was trying to figure out what to do with these pears. Â She laughed and said,”If they were white they would look like ghosts.” Well, I’ll be darned. Â They would. So that is precisely what we did. Â We turned our pears into delicious ghostly pears!
The kids got a kick out of helping me prepare them and putting the faces on them. Â It couldn’t have been any easier! Check out the instructions below!
- 6 Whole Ripe Pears
- Clean Popsicle Sticks
- 1 Package of White Almond Bark Candy
- Icing and mini chocolate chips for decorating
- Wash and dry pears, and remove their stems.
- Slice a small piece of pear off of the bottom so it sits flat and place a stick in the top pushing it down ¾ of the way through the pear.
- Heat the Almond bark until it is melted. Dip the pears into the bark until covered. Decorate them like ghosts with the icing and chocolate chips.
- Cool until hardened and serve.
Check out these other fun Halloween RecipesÂ