I love having fun in the kitchen with the kids. Most moms may tell their kids not to play with their food, but I am the opposite. If it gets my kids to eat healthy than I am all for it. Let’s play away! So tonight for dinner it was Monster Taco Night. We basically pulled out all the ingredients for tacos/burritos and played with our food before we ate it.
I had the kids wash their hands and gave them each a fresh tortilla with guacamole in the center. Nothing screams “Monster” like a big wad of green guacamole! It is so hard waiting for the ingredients.
I scattered the table with the makings of a monster and let the kids be as creative as they wanted to be! The deal was, whatever they used they ate.
My little monster with her monster creation.
Afterwards we added a little chicken and rolled up those tortillas for some killer monster soft tacos! This is so much fun to do and would be a great activity for Halloween night dinner or even for lunch. The kids had a blast and we had a eerily amazing dinner.
I can’t leave you hanging without a recipe. Here is the link to my homemade salsa, and below is the recipe for my homemade guacamole that is out of this world.
- 1 Avocado
- ½ tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- Dash of dried Cilantro, or sprig of fresh
- Small jalapeno (optional)
- Cut Avocado in half. Make sure it is ripe
- I make this in my food processor.
- So, I don’t chop the ingredients small becuase the food processor does that for me. Add the all of the ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until at desired consistency. Serve with nachos or just with tortilla chips!
- If you are making this by hand Chop your Onion and tomato finely unless you would like a chunky guacamole. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mash together with a fork or potato masher.