I love coming up with unique creations. It is the naming them that can be difficult. Hubby asked me what my goodies this evening were and I said “Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel Topping”. Say that 5 times fast. LOL I immediately knew I was going to employ three of the most creative minds I know to think up a better name…my kids.
After some arguing over who was getting the naming rites. We finally started working together. Turtles are well loved at my house; the animal and the chocolate caramel nutty treat. My son is the animal expert so when I said they could be turtle cookies he said, “Technically they are Sea Turtles cause they have salt.” Technically he is right….so they are. HELLO Sea Turtle Cookies!
Now to the important part. These are a flourless peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips and salted caramel on top. They are super easy to make. Almost too easy. As an added bonus they are so delicious and elegant they can be added to any get together, gift basket, or just for a delicious dessert on a chilly evening. You have to try these!
- 1½ cup Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter (Your Choice)
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1- 1½ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 15 Caramels Cut in halves
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixer mix together Peanut Butter, Sugar, eggs, baking powder, and vanilla until dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and drop by round tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each doughball with a half of a caramel and bake for 8-10 minutes until caramel is melted and cookie is golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with a little sea salt when you remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Preheat the oven and mix up the super easy dough. I dare ya not to sneak a taste.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Then top each one with a half of a caramel.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, cool and enjoy! You know you want one!