Christmas time is here! We spent the evening as the family last night decorating the tree and putting out some of our decorations. My favorites are the decorations my Pappy made when I was little; like these wooden soldiers.
They are so cute guarding our front window. My tree just makes my heart happy with all of the kids homemade ornaments decorating the entire tree. It is just so stinkin cute. Then there are our elves. These are the elves that were my moms when she was little. We have them peaking out all over the house keeping watch over the kids.
And then there is baking. OH how I love to bake Christmas goodies for gifts, for us, and really anybody who wants them! I had a couple cans of whole berry cranberry sauce sitting in the cabinet and I had this idea for a decadent Christmas treat. These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so easy and delicious you will want to make them time and time again!
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter softened (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups White Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the sugar cookie mix, egg, and butter until dough forms. Press in a lightly greased 13×9 pan and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cookie crust is done spread cranberry sauce over cookie.
- In a small bowl mix together the crumb topping ingredients: Flour, brown sugar, & butter.
- Crumble over the top of the cranberry. Then sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Preheat the oven and mix together the cookie dough for the crust.
Press the cookie dough into the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Top with cranberry sauce and crumble topping. Then with White Chocolate chips and return to the oven for 30-35 minutes.