Tonight my patience was tested, and I am sad to say that it didn’t win. If my patience had won, these would be much prettier, but I wouldn’t have gotten this recipe typed up tonight. I was sitting here at the table and looked down at my sidekick.
Yep, it was time. Neither of us wanted to wait any longer. Well Huck is still laying on the floor in the same spot, but he looked at me like he wanted me to cut them. I swear!
These Smores Gooey Butter Bars are decadent, sweet, and oh so gooey. They are the perfect treat for any day of the week. They are easy to throw together, the hardest part is waiting for the sinful things to cool off enough to cut them. This is a must try in my opinion. These are a winner!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. (don't forget this part)
- In a large mixing bow, mix together cake mix, egg, and butter until a nice dough forms. similar to a cookie dough.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Layer with graham crackers, chocolate chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven. Let cool completely.
- Cut bars into squares and serve.