If you are a soon to be bride planning your big day, chances are that picking the perfect bridal bouquet is at the op of your list. After all, it will be accompanying you as you walk down the aisle to your groom, and can be the perfect reflection of your taste and style! However, the perfect bridal bouquet can come at a cost. If you have consulted with floral designers, you have seen that the average bridal bouquet can cost hundreds of dollars. If the thought of that makes you squirm, why not be a budget savvy bride and make your own? You don’t need to be a floral designer to create a beautiful bridal bouquet on a budget. You just need a few supplies and a little creativity! Below, you will find a step by step guide on how to create your own DIY bridal bouquet.
Let your blooms show your style, reflect your taste, and also help you keep a little money in your pocket! For less than $40.00, you can create your own floral masterpiece that guests are sure to marvel over! Take a look!
For this example, you are going to learn how to make a hand tied bouquet. This is a cleaner, tighter bouquet perfect for all types of weddings. First, you will need to be sure you have the proper supplies. All of the supplies you need are available at your local craft store. If visiting Hobby Lobby or Michael’s, be sure to print off your 40% coupon prior to going!
DIY Bridal Bouquet
- 12-15 assorted faux flowers (Use more or less according to your taste. Blooms will run $1-$5 each.)
- Green florist tape
- Green florist wire
- Heavy duty wire cutters or shears (price varies, approx. $7.99)
- Hot glue/glue gun (varies, approx. $5.99)
- 2 inch wire enforced ribbon (varies, approx. $3-$5 a roll)
- Optional crystal picks, beading, pearl accents, etc.
- First, remove the greenery from the floral stems and either discard or set aside for later use.
- Cut your stems so they measure approx. 7 inches long.
- With a firm hand, bunch your blooms together tightly in the design of your choosing. It is easiest to use a birds eye view where you look down onto the top of the bouquet, noting color pattern and symmetry.
- Begin wrapping your floral tape tightly around the stems, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Stop about ½ an inch from the blooms.
- s you go, continue to tend to your flowers fluffing them and bending them into the shape you want.
- Now, take your wire enforced ribbon. Begin at the bottom and begin wrapping, overlapping about ½ an inch as you go. Pull tightly as you wrap, and wrap slowly.
- When you get to the top, add a drop of hot glue to secure the end piece into place. Hold until dry.
- Using your florist tape, wrap any decorative picks you want to add to florist wire. Tuck into your bouquet as accents.
- You can also add a drop of glue and place beading or pearl buttons along the length of the bouquet handle for extra detail.
- Using your glue gun, secure any fly away blooms or add any other detailing you wish. Blooms can be glued to each other to reinforce and hold them together in shape.
As you can see, you are just ten steps away from creating your own beautiful bridal bouquet! By shopping sales and taking advantage of additional savings coupons, you can easily construct your own bridal bouquet for less than $50.00, which is a fraction of what a floral designer would charge you. Plus, when you design your own you have a keepsake that will last you forever. Try doing that with real flowers!
So be a budget savvy bride. Give this easy DIY bridal bouquet a try and see how easy it is to be your own floral designer!