With the holidays on the horizon, you can expect a great deal of last minute guests and party invites. Because you never want to appear empty handed, having the perfect sweet treat on hand is a must. But what if you don’t have a lot of cash or time to spend? No worries, as these sweet and simple candy dipped sugar wafers are the perfect solution. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes, you can create the perfect sweet treat that is chock full of holiday charm. Take a peek at how to make your own!
- Assorted sugar wafers
- 1 can of white frosting
- Assorted candy sprinkles
- Begin by warming up your frosting so it is nice and soft for dipping. To do this, place the container of frosting in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Check the frosting. It should be of a liquid consistency. If it is not, put it in for 10 seconds at a time until it is.
- If you wish to color your frosting, add a few drops of food coloring and give it a quick stir. Don’t wait too long, as you want to start dipping when the mixture is nice and warm.
- Begin dipping your sugar wafers. Dipping them in ¼ of a way or ½ of a way seems to look best. Gently stir the wafer so it is covered evenly.
- Hold the wafer over a paper plate and sprinkle it generously with sugar or candy sprinkles. Cover all sides evenly.
- Set the wafer down on a clean plate to cool.
- Repeat this process using a variety of sprinkles as we did. It will create quite a contrast as well as a colorful snack that is appealing to the eyes! Not only are these so tasty to eat, but they look great displayed on your holiday table. Bring them out after dinner, when guests arrive for coffee, or serve them with tea.
- You can purchase the gluten free/dairy free sugar wafers too!
- Check your frosting. There are several varieties that are dairy free
We were able to find all of these ingredients at our local dollar store. No need to spend big bucks, everything you need can be purchased for around $3. Now that is festive and frugal!
They look like unique treats that you bought at a specialty bakery, but the truth is you can do them for just pennies and in just minutes. Give these sweet and simple candy dipped sugar wafers a try and see what you can create!
You will be able to find all of the cookies in this series on the 30 Days of Christmas Cookies Page!