I am so excited for SPRING! The warmer weather, the birds making nests, my garden growing. Is it horrible that I am counting down the days until the kids are home for the Summer? I may be more excited than they are, but I love having all of my little birds in the nest with me. This Summer is going to be a blast!
I am getting ahead of myself, because first is Spring, Easter, and these Lemon Glazed Carrots that are a perfect side dish to almost any meal. The Lemon glaze perks these carrots up and makes everyone take notice of their delicate texture and sweetness! Plus, they wouldn’t be on my table if they weren’t super easy!
- 6 Carrots, Peeled and Cut on the bias ¼ inch thick
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ teas. Ground Thyme
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ of a Lemon’s Zest
- In a nonstick pan bring Carrots, Salt, Lemon Zest, 1 Tbsp. of the Parsley and Thyme to a simmer over medium high heat. Once simmering cover and reduce to medium heat and cook until carrots just start to become tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium high. Let liquid reduce until it is mostly evaporated. It will go from looking like it is simmering to more of a sauteing, 2-3 minutes.
- Add honey until a thick golden syrup glazes the carrots. Add The Lemon Juice and stir for another 30-45 seconds and remove from heat. Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with the rest of the Parsley.
- Make sure you are using a gluten free chicken broth