I was new to the world of icebox cakes until a couple years ago. My eyes were opened to these little no-bake cakes of awesomeness. The are basically cookies and cream layered with other amazing bits of goodness, and refrigerated at least overnight. The cream softens the cookies until you have this soft tasty cake consistency. YUM!
This time I happened to have a bunch of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies just starring back at me from the pantry. Hmmm….. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. You can also use this great chocolate chip cookie recipe
I gathered my ingredients including my fav secret ingredient; International Delight Sweet Cream flavor. I love that International Delight has a new Fat Free & Sugar Free Variety of creamers. Have you seen them? They come in great flavors too!
Join the International Delight Community at InternationalDelight.com and get coupons, recipes and more!
I began layering my cookies on the cake plate. The beauty is…there isn’t a wrong way to do this.
I added a couple Tablespoons of International Delight to my sweetened whipped cream for added flavor. I then covered the cookies, and continued to layer cookies, and then cream.
Last but not least, I had some chocolate magic shell in the fridge. I heated it and drizzled it over the top. YUM
- Pour the cream into a well-chilled bowl and add the sugar and creamer.
- Using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat the cream to the desired consistency. For soft peaks, the cream will be just thick enough to hold its shape in soft billows. For stiffly beaten cream, the beaters or whisk wires will leave distinct traces on the cream and stand in firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- On a cake plate or in a pan, place a single layer of chocolate chip cookies. Top the cookies with a layer of cream. Continue until desired height.
- Top with chocolate shavings or chocolate magic shell.
- Refrigerate over night & serve
- Use a Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.