It’s time to stock the pantry and fridge with healthy after school snacks, and things to pack in lunchboxes. My littlest loves to get in the kitchen and help so I try to find easy recipes for her. Plus, if it is Gluten Free & Dairy Free we love it because that means everyone at my house can enjoy!
Chex™ Cereal is BOGO this week (8/28 – 9/3/2014) at Publix®. This is a super time to stock up for breakfast, or just to try these great Chex™ recipes!
Because they only take 15 minutes to make, they are an easy way to provide your kids with a homemade lunchbox treat that tastes great! Plus, since Chex™ cereals are “buy one, get one free” this week at Publix®, the recipes are also a great value.
We gathered our ingredients and got busy!
I let her do all the hard work…in a princess dress I might add. Is there any other way to cook? 😉 Watch this video below to see just how easy these are to make! You can find the recipe for these Chex™ Apple Almond Bars here or listed below.
- 4cups Cinnamon Chex™ or Rice Chex™ cereal
- ⅔ cup chopped dried apples
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, apples, almonds and cranberries; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter, corn syrup and brown sugar uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds or until mixture is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture firmly in pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Use coconut oil or dairy free margarine in place of butter
One Lucky A Few Short Cuts Reader will win a $40 Publix® Gift Card!
HOW TO ENTER
Just leave a comment below telling me what your favorite recipe is from Chex™!
Giveaway will end September 3 2014 at 11:59 pm est. Winner will be contacted within 24 hours.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills® via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.