I am always looking for new and exciting dinner ideas to add to the weekly menu plan. This Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Dinner was perfect for a busy weeknight.
This is my favorite type of meal. On of those “everyone in the pot” kind of suppers. While you are cooking the cabbage you can put on a pot of rice for a side.
These Unstuffed Cabbage Roll make a wonderful dinner because it is naturally gluten free & dairy free. Plus, it is really a healthy meal choice with the ground turkey. You can use ground beef if you would prefer.
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 14-15 oz can of tomato sauce
- ½ C. water
- 1 - 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown the ground turkey along with the diced onion and garlic.
- Drain the grease.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomato sauce, water and diced tomatoes.
- Simmer on medium heat for 30-45 minutes, covered. Add salt &
- pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of brown rice.
- *Makes approximately 4-5 servings