This is the holy grail of awesomeness! I bought some strawberries at the grocery store because it is strawberry season here in Florida. They are so lovely, fresh and sweet I couldn’t pass them up. I had plans of making a pound cake but never got around to it.
Fast forward to about 7 pm, and everyone was coming up to me with hugs and asking what was for dessert. DARN IT! I never made that cake.
Into the kitchen, I went. I always have this freezer cookie dough on hand, but I wanted to use those beautiful strawberries.
Then it happened. PURE GENIUS!!
I am pretty sure a light bulb appeared over my head, but I can’t be positive. 😉
I mixed up this quick pound cake batter, and then…..
I got out my waffle maker. YEP…Waffle Pound Cake is now a thing. I didn’t have to wait 50 minutes for that bad boy to bake in the oven. It took about 3 minutes on the waffle iron.
This is DANGEROUS information folks. I am passing it on at your risk.
Just look at that shortcake! And the strawberry juice and cream went into all the little cracks and crevices. OH MY YUM!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and flour alternately. Stirring until batter is creamy.
- Scoop batter onto greased waffle iron. Close and cook for about 3 minutes or until cake is golden.
- Use Dairy free margarine instead of butter.