This is a classic! It had been so long since a had a bowl of Carrot Salad I decided to whip some up for easter. It just sounded appropriate! The crunch from he carrots parred with the sweetness of the pineapple and raisins. It just works! Plus, the kids love it!
I chose light mayo, but you could use regular. I also opted to grate my own organic carrots. We always have a big bag in the fridge.
Everybody in the bowl. Carrots, Raisins, Drained pineapple and mayo. Mix everything together.
I like it best after it sits in the fridge a little while, but it is good straight out of the bowl too. ENJOY!
- 2 cups coarsely grated carrots
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Toss raisins, carrots, and pineapple together lightly; set aside.
- Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and add to the raisin mixture.
- Refrigerate until served.
- Best if made in advance and refrigerated at least an hour