I am always looking for new Gluten Free Recipes. The fact that this one is grain free and processed sugar free is a bonus. I read this recipe the first time and laughed. “Yeah, uh huh….that’s going to work.” I said to myself. Well, I am eating my words…and a Flourless Peanut Butter & Banana Muffin that is pretty darn good!
I gathered my ingredients. What you see is what you get. How does this turn into a cakey muffin? Your guess is as good as mine, but it does!
I mixed together the ingredients. I still had a couple little pieces of banana, but that’s ok. I like it that way. You could blast it in the food processor if you want it smoother.
I filled my muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full. Yeah….I am not the neatest pan filler, but it does the trick. 😉
These bake for only 15 minutes at 350. I am going to be honest, I sat in absolute amazement as these rose. I don’t know the science behind it or how these muffins work without any type of flour or oats…but they do. You are just going to have to trust me on this one.
Let these sit about 15 minutes in the pan before you remove them. They are really delicate when they are hot.
I cracked one of these bad boys open. They are super fluffy and moist. I took a bite! AMAZING! That is all I have to say. These are amazing considering the ingredients used and they are still full of flavor. These are grain free, sugar free, and still delicious.
The kids have already dreamed up all kinds of combinations. Next time they want me to mix in some chocolate chips. I also heard the request to mix in some berries and make them PB&J Muffins.
- 1 Cup Natural Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips, or dried fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Fold in the add-ins if desired.
- Scoop the batter using a ¼ cup into each muffin liner.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350. They should be firm and lightly golden.
- Cool for 15 mins before removing them from the pan
- Serve or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.