School is getting ready to start soon, and so are sports. That means running in and out the door and trying to get a proper balanced dinner on the table with a limited amount of time. This is my go to dish when we are super busy. I can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes and the kids lick their bowls clean!
This Gluten Friendly Chicken Pot Pie Bowl is an amazing dinner option! This meal is full of short cuts! I seriously stopped and bought a rotisserie chicken. This is great if you cook extra chicken when you are making another meal too. I like to cook extra, shred and keep it in a freezer bag ready to go for a busy night
The other ingredients I had on hand in the pantry. I always have this HERB-OX® Chicken Bouillon in my cupboard! You can flavor up all your favorite recipes with HERB-OX® bouillon cubes and granule packets. HERB-OX® Bouillon is the quick and easy way to bring more flavor to your favorite dishes. I love that it is gluten friendly. That means everyone in my house can enjoy!
Hormel Foods has a lot of great products to help you get dinner on the table even faster. Not only do their products taste great, but you can sign up for the Hormel Newsletter to get great savings, coupons, recipes and more. You can also get more Easy Recipe Ideas to help you with those weeknight dinners. Do you have a great recipe with a Hormel product? Share it with them on their Facebook & Pinterest pages.
I used a box mix to whip up a batch of gluten friendly drop biscuits. You can use regular biscuits if gluten isn’t an issue in your house. I popped these in the oven.
While they are baking I dropped 4 HERB-OX® Chicken Bouillon cubes into 2 1/2 cups of water. I stirred until the dissolved and the broth began to boil.
I whisked in 2 tbsp of potato starch that had been mixed into 1 tbsp of water. Once that incorporated into the broth I dropped in the veggies and the chicken that I pulled of the rotisserie chicken. This thickens up the broth to a gravy like consistency, cooks the veggies and heats the chicken.
As soon as the biscuits were out (15 minutes later) we are good to go. SERIOUSLY! 15 minutes from start to finish. That is faster than if I would have ordered a pizza.
- 4 Herb Ox Chicken Boullion Cubes
- 2½ Cups Water
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 2 tbsp corn or potato starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Biscuit Mix (along with ingredients on box to make biscuits)
- Make biscuit dough according to the package instructions and bake according to the box.
- While the biscuits are baking, dissolve 4 Herb Ox Chicken Bouillon Cubes to 2½ cups water in a saucepan. Whisk and heat to a boil.
- Once a boil is reached whisk dissolved the starch in 1 tbsp of water. Whisk that into the boiling chicken broth.
- Add in the veggies, and chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. Place 1½ - 2 cups of the chicken gravy & veggies in the bottom of a bowl and top with a biscuit or 2. Enjoy!
- Use a gluten friendly biscuit mix
- Make use your are using a dairy free biscuit mix, and follow the instructions on the package to make them dairy free.
Just place about 1 – 1 1/2 cup of the chicken, veggies, & gravy in a bowl. Top with the biscuit…or 2. You are good to go. My kids ate this up! You would think I hadn’t fed them in days. 😉 They loved it so much, they asked for it again tomorrow night.