Being a kid can be rough! There is so much responsibility on kids shoulders these days; school, homework, sports, family. Believe it or not kids can have a hard time turning their brains off to go to sleep at night too! That is why they stall.
“Mom, I need water!”
“Mom, I need to go to the bathroom!”
“Mom, I can’t get comfy!”
It’s time to #StopTheStall with these 5 Tips to help your kids sleep well. Thanks to Sleep Number for sponsoring this post as a part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
5 Tips to Help your Kids Sleep Well
Routine – A bed time routine is important to help anyone get a good night sleep. An hour before bedtime start winding down, take a warm shower, curl up with a book, and shut off electronics. The most important part is getting to bed at close to the same time every night. Those simple steps will make it easier to dose off.
Food – You are what you eat. It may seem like a no brainer but make sure you kids aren’t eating food full of sugar, caffeine, or food dyes before bed. These are all items that could amp them up instead of winding them down.
Mood – Every kid is different but it has always been helpful to have a background noise in my children room. One has a fan, one a fish tank, and one classical music. They are serve the same purpose. They are peaceful and they help them drain out the sounds and thoughts of the day to drift off faster.
Don’t Get Exhausted– Being OVERLY tired can be a big problem with kids. They need a certain amount of sleep each night for their growing bodies and brains. When they get exhausted it can be nearly impossible to get them to fall asleep without a problem. Have a daily wake up and bed time to help you child get the optimum sleep for their age.
Bed – Something as simple as having the right bed can make a huge difference. The SleepIQ Kids™ bed is the smart bed for smart kids. It is the only bed in the world specifically designed for kids’ unique sleep needs and the only bed that adjusts with children as they grow. Using effortless technology, the bed combines individualized sleep knowledge with adjustability to empower parents and children to achieve their best possible sleep. There’s nothing to wear or turn on. All kids have to do is sleep.
As a mom, I always have my phone with me, on and charged. With your phone you can control your childs sleep, be alerted when they are up, track how well they are sleeping, and help them get comfortable! That is AMAZING!
The SleepIQ Kids bed features eight smart solutions that improve sleep for both parents and children:
- Family Connected, Sleep PerfectedSM: The SleepIQ® technology dashboard lets you see how the whole family is sleeping. Powered by Bam® Labs, SleepIQ tracks your sleep and helps you optimize it.
- Know the comfort they’re getting: The bed adjusts and grows with them; they can adjust the firmness of the bed for comfort and support – their Sleep Number setting.
- Lifts them up when they’re down: Head-tilt feature is for reading in bed or comforting stuffy heads.
- No more kiddos jumping out of bed: Alerts you when your child is out of bed or restless.
- Stars for young dreamers: Make bedtime fun again with rewards for good sleep.
- Night bright, night light: You can turn lights off remotely – when they’re sleeping tight.
- Twinkle, tinkle: Soft under-bed light guides them when they get up during the night.
- Monsters be gone!: Sleepyheads rest easy with a fearless monster detector.
I love that this is the Bed that Grows with Your Child! When you buy the SleepIQ Kids bed you are investing your child’s future sleep. The SleepIQ Kids bed is the only kids’ bed in the world that provides parents and kids with knowledge and adjustability. It starts with adjusting the bed for comfort and support for each stage of a child’s life – this is called your Sleep Number setting. Smart features adapt to each stage of a child’s life, giving kids their best sleep.
- 4- to 6-year-olds: Parents can help guide and coach good sleep routines for young children.
- 7- to 9-year-olds: They begin managing their own bedtime routine and using smart devices. They can use the SleepIQ technology to coach and encourage themselves.
- 10 years old and older: Kids become more independent and have more to manage with homework, exams and other activities. At this age, they can use the SleepIQ technology to help manage their own sleep and SleepIQ score. They learn how choices (like sugar and late night snacks), stress and activities (like sports) impact sleep.
So what is a fancy bed like this going to set you back? Less than you think. The SleepIQ Kids bed is available in Twin, Full or Queen sizes, and starts at $799.99 for a k1 Twin mattress. The SleepIQ Kids bed is available exclusively at more than 460 company-owned Sleep Number stores across the United States and at www.sleepnumber.com.
Establishing good sleep habits now sets up kids for a lifetime of quality sleep.