In my house we do chocolate. We love chocolate, and we like to give it as gifts. I was in the store the other day and saw this yummy chocolate covered popcorn. I thought it would make a nice gift and picked it up. When I saw the price tag was over $10…..it went right back on the shelf! People pay that???? For popcorn??? So I came home and made this Hot Cocoa Popcorn for the kids and some more for gifts.
I popped several cups of popcorn and spread it out in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. You are going to want to lightly salt it….it just makes the final product taste better.
Now drizzle your popcorn with some melted semi sweet chocolate chips. You can use any kind of chocolate you want. I chose some dairy free chocolate chips so everyone can enjoy.
Then I sprinkled it with christmas sprinkles and dried mini marshmallows. Allow the chocolate to set.
Once set break up your popcorn and put it in an airtight container. I found really cute tins at the dollar store that are perfect.
- Popped lightly salted popcorn
- melted semi sweet chocolate
- dried mini marshmallows
- Spread the popcorn out in a single layer on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the dried mini marshmallows and sprinkles over the wet chocolate & popcorn. Let it cool/set.
- Break apart and serve or store in an airtight container.
- Great for gift giving.
- Use Dairy free chocoalte
This popcorn and a christmas movie make the perfect holiday gift!