There is nothing better than getting Fresh From Florida Corn from the farmers market! It is that time of year when the ears are juicy and ready to be grilled, crock potted, boiled or however you like it. This Disappearing Corn & Zucchini is one of my new favorite ways to enjoy this local treat.
The bi-colored corn is my favorite. Sure yellow corn is amazing and white corn is great, but them together is out of this world. So sweet, juicy and flavorful. I am telling you…my personal fav! Remember to check your local store and restaurants for the Fresh From Florida sign to know you are getting yummy Florida produce. Plus check out Fresh From Florida to get more great recipes!
I drizzled about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Next I threw in the corn that I cut off of the cob and the diced zucchini. Sprinkle it all with a little bit of garlic salt and let it sauté for about 5 minutes.
Top it with a little bit of shredded parmesan cheese or leave it off. Totally up to you. It is delicious either way. So why is it disappearing? I literally had to make this twice. The first time my girls came in the kitchen and ate then entire bowl and asked if there was more. I don’t turn down my kids when they ask for vegetables. 🙂
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels (Fresh, Frozen, or Canned & drained)
- 1 Cup Diced Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt (more or less to taste)
- Shredded parmesan Cheese (if desired)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add in corn and zucchini. Season with garlic salt. Saute for 5-10 minutes or until corn and zucchini are heated through.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.