During the Summer there are certain dishes that get mad more than others. Potato Salad is definitely on that list, and if you are going to make it you want it to be the BEST! Right?!
This recipe has been dubbed The BEST Potato Salad by my hubby, which really takes some work. He is picky when it comes to his potato salad. This recipe makes enough for a crowd. Feel free to half it if you don’t need as much!
- 6 eggs, hardboiled
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup pimentos (optional)
- diced green onion (optional)
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cold. Peel and cube once cold.
- Peel and chop your hard boiled eggs.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery seed in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, potatoes, onion, and pimento; stir until evenly mixed. Top with some diced green onion (optional)
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Make sure to use a dairy free gluten free ranch dressing. You can make your own with this simple ranch dressing mix recipe