This morning the muffin pans came out and the oven went on. I bought several cans of Pumpkin this week at Aldi. I am ready to tackle Pumpkin flavored happiness this week. First things first, these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins!
I love Pumpkin Muffins for a few reasons. The main one is they always turn out so moist, and they are always full of flavor! I like to bake a batch of muffins and enjoy some for breakfast, and then put the rest in freezer bags for another day. They a quick to pull out and defrost for a snack on the go.
I baked these muffins in these cupcake liners I got from Sweets & Treats. They are my favorite because they don’t absorb the grease and keep their color and shape. They have so many to choose from too. You really ought to check them out.
As for these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins, I may have to make another batch if I want some for the freezer, turns out the kids may have liked them a little too much!
PS: Don’t waste the rest of that can of Pumpkin. See what to do with it here!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- ⅛ teaspoonpumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts, if desired, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well. Combine pumpkin, milk, oil and egg in medium bowl; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- For streusel mix all ingredients in small bowl; mix well.
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
- Use gluten free oats and gluten free flour mix