THIS!!! We are doing this for Christmas this year and I had to share it with you! We cut out cable at our house, it has been a long time coming. So, we are doing something different this year that is going to be fun for the whole family! No commercials, movies on our own schedule, and Christmas excitement all rolled into one!!! Unwrap a Christmas Movie Countdown Idea!
I am going to fish out all of our Christmas movies and wrap them. I will place them in a big basket or under the tree. If I have a digital copy of a movie, I will just wrap a slip of paper with the title in a small box. Starting December 1st and each night until Christmas the kids get to select a present to unwrap. That will be the movie we watch that night. Isn’t that the best idea?!
- Quality family entertainment that I pick.
- No Commercials
- On our own schedule
- The excitement of Christmas and unwrapping a gift a day.
- The surprise of it all!
So which movies are we using? Here are the 25 movies that I will be wrapping this year.
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Frosty the Snowman
- Frosty Returns
- Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated)
- Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Polar Express
- A Christmas Story
- The Santa Clause
- The Santa Clause 2
- The Santa Clause 3
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- Miracle on 34th Street
- The Little Drummer Boy
- Disney’s Prep & Landing
- Casper’s Haunted Christmas
- The Nutcracker – The Untold Story
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Home Alone
- Disney Babes In Toyland
I would love to hear if you will be participating too! Let me know how your family loves this countdown or what other Christmas Movies you will be watching!