Real food isn’t made up of ingredients. It is the ingredients! These delectable BLT Bites with Tangy Mayo Dip are the perfect game day appetizer that EVERYONE will love! They are so simple to make but full of flavor. Be prepared with extra ingredients because they are sure to disappear quickly!
After washing your produce wrap a spinach leaf or small piece of bib lettuce around a grape tomato and a small piece of bacon. You will want to hold it all together with a toothpick. Y’all, I told you this was easy! My kids loved helping with this one!
I use my kitchen shears to cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces that were perfect for this. Also, when cooking your bacon, don’t make it too crisp! Otherwise, it will fall apart when you put the toothpick through it.
Then there is that Tangy Mayo Dip that makes these BLT Bites pop! Just whisk together the ingredients in a bowl, and then place on the serving dish. Feel free to make this recipe your own and add a little more spice if you want to. You can’t mess this one up.
As an added bonus these end up being gluten free, dairy free, and you can even use a vegan mayo to make them egg free! I have to keep all of my allergen buddies in mind! 🙂 If you have vegans in your life, you can even leave out the bacon on a few, but hey let’s not get too crazy. Bacon is pretty much a food group in itself around here.
These will be the hit of the party. Simple food done right!
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves or bib lettuce
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Cut your bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- After washing your produce wrap a spinach leaf or small piece of bib lettuce around a grape tomato and a small piece of bacon. You will want to hold it all together with a toothpick.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the BLT Bites.
- Use a vegan mayo instead of traditional mayo.