In the afternoons, somewhere around 3 pm, my house gets quiet. It is kinda eery, but the quiet is good! By that time of day, this mama has earned some relaxation. After the hustle and bustle of the morning, I guess by 3 pm everyone is just plain tuckered out. The kids are usually reading a book or playing a game, and that gives me a few minutes to have a cup of coffee and get some computer work done.
Now my cup coffee coffee is usually best served with a snack, and my go to snack is The Best Blueberry Banana Bread around! You see, I freeze my over ripe bananas, so I always have some on hand to make treats like this. Frozen blueberries I just keep on hand. I love to snack on them, but they give me Smurf fingers. 🙂
This bread is insanely easy to make. I like to make it in my mini loaf pan and then it seems like I have more. This is also excellent for giving as gifts too! You can always make it ahead, wrap it, and freeze it for those busy days when you need a grab and go snack or breakfast.
The Best Blueberry Banana Bread
- ½ cup Butter (or dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 cups flour (or gluten free substitute)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and the bananas.
- Beat until mixed well.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan or mini loaf pan
- Mini Loaf pan bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Loaf pan bake for 45- 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten free Bisquick.
- Use a dairy free margarine.