I have to admit we are new converts to homemade bubble solution. I usually buy a big jug of bubbles at the beginning of the summer and pray it lasts or doesn’t get kicked over. Let me tell you….we won’t be doing that ever again! These homemade bubbles rock! We had made bigger bubbles than ever before and watched them bounce….yes, bounce off of the grass. The kids have had so much fun blowing these bubbles!
This bubble solution is super easy to make, and would even be great to make and give as gifts! Seriously, my kids have had the best time with these bubbles!
I had all of the ingredients on hand except for the Glycerine. It can be found at Walmart, CVS, Target, etc. next to the bandages. Otherwise, you can order Glycerine online from Amazon.com
Best Homemade Bubble Solution
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup blue Original Dawn dish detergent
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Glycerine
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Then gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Avoid creating a lot of froth.
- Allow your mixture to sit for at least an hour ( I recommend atleast 24 hours or overnight)
- Gently stir occasionally if you see the cornstarch settling to the bottom.
Don’t stop now! Make your bubble wands too!
Looking for more outside fun?! Check out How to make your own Kiddie Car Wash!