This was one of the first things I ever posted on A Few Short Cuts over 5 years ago. Seems crazy that it has been that long ago. I guess time flies when you are having fun. The one thing that hasn’t changed is how absolutely delicious these Blueberry Banana Muffins are!
If we have bananas turning brown you can bet that these muffins or these Peanut Butter banana Breakfast Cookies will be hitting the oven soon. These make an delicious surprise for breakfast or snack time. I have also been known to make 2 batches and put some in the freezer for a rainy day.
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- ½ cup Butter (or dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 cups flour (or gluten free substitute)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and the bananas.
- Beat until mixed well.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand.
- Fill a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten free Bisquick
- Use a dairy free margarine.