Eating healthier is always on our minds. Whether you are eating grain free or just trying to get more Veggies into your everyday diet this Cauliflower Rice is amazing!
You are of course going to start with a fresh head of cauliflower. I like to get mine from the farmers market. Its usually really affordable. If you have a green thumb you can grow your own.
Rinse it and cut it into small pieces. Then pop that cauliflower into your food processor and give it a whirl. My kids love helping with this part.
Once it is whirled , spread it out evenly on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
Bake it a 350 for 10 minutes stir and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve as you would any white rice.
Yield 2 -3 cups
- Head of cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut off all the green stem from the cauliflower head.
- Cut cauliflower in half and cut off more of the stem.
- Cut into smaller pieces and place them into a food processor.
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- *Don’t over pulse otherwise it will turn into crumbs.
- *Spread cauliflower onto foiled cookie sheet. Spread in all over the sheet so that it gets evenly cooked.
- Cook for 10 min. Stir around cauliflower and then spread it out again like it was before.
- Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Once cooked you can sprinkle some salt over it and serve as you would regular white rice.
- *When using cauliflower as a ‘rice’ substitute you don’t use as much as you would with regular rice. For each serving I would recommend ½ C of the cauliflower rice.