Crank up the music, get the kids some sparklers, and fire up the grill because the 4th Of July is almost here. It is time to celebrate the birth of this great country and I can’t think of a better way that with these out of this world Firecracker Burgers, friends, and family.
When I start planning a holiday or a get together the first thing on my list is food. I need to figure out what I am making and just how much I need to buy at the grocery store. Of course, I like to stay on budget and not worry about sacrificing quality! That is where Giant Food Stores helps!
Giant Food Stores had everything I needed to make these yummy Firecracker burgers, including the recipe. Their website takes the guess work out of meal planning for me. They have recipes for every meal and every occasion. They give me the ability to save recipes or add them to my mealplanner. I love that they provide me with the calorie count and nutrition info too. It is really helpful when trying to eat healthier.
On top of all that the recipes that Giant provides are affordable too, which makes my wallet happy. Don’t believe me? Check out all of the deliciousness yourself at the Giant Recipe Center. I can’t wait to hear which recipe you tried.
After I went to the store and got everything that I needed for the Firecracker Burgers, I mixed up and made the hamburger patties while my hubby fired up the grill. We are a team like that. 😉 I really didn’t have to twist his arm too much. These Firecracker Burgers were his idea. He loves a little bit of spice and the Monterey Jack Pepper cheese is his fav!
It didn’t take long before the neighbors were peering out of their windows to see what that heavenly smell was. I toasted the buns and we dressed the burgers with some extra cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo, and ketchup. You can of course fix yours up however you would like…but extra cheese does make it extra spectacular.
I am happy to report that these Firecracker Burgers definitely lived up to our expectations. It was a great twist on an all american classic. I can’t wait to try another recipe from the Giant Recipe Center soon.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 ( 4.5 oz ) can diced mild green chilies
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz Monterey Jack pepper cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Mix ground beef with chilies, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend well, but gently.
- Form into 6 patties. Grill, uncovered, about 4" from medium coals or other heat source until cooked to internal temperature of 160°F (about 12-15 minutes).
- Turn once halfway through cooking time. One minute before burgers are done, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Top burgers with lettuce and tomato or your choice of toppings.