Today is the day! Disney’s Frozen has be released to DVD/Blu-ray. We splurged and bought the digital copy a few days ago and the kids haven’t stopped watching it since. It is seriously one of the best “New” Disney movies in awhile. We love it!
Since today is the official release day we are having a Frozen party! Really I just made these awesome cookies, watched the movie, after a chicken nugget dinner. But to them it was a PARTY, and I rocked it! 😉
These were very impromptu cookies. I had just bought easter m&ms and coconut for another recipe. Guess they need to go back on the grocery list because there are no longer any blue m&ms in the bag. I snagged all blue m&ms and coconut (1 cup) and set them aside.
I whipped up my go to cookie dough recipe and dumped everyone in the pot, or mixing bowl.
I used my trusty cookie scoop and then as luck would have it I had silver decorators sugar in my sprinkles bin. WOO HOO! They added the perfect icy sparkle to these cookies. I just baked these at 350 for 10-11 mins and voila!
This dough is perfect for making premade Freezer Cookie Dough Too!
Yield 4 dozen
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks) softened (or Margerine)
- 1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Blue M&Ms
- Silver Sugar Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream Butter and Sugars together in Mixer.
- Scrape down sides, add Eggs and Vanilla, mix well.
- Scrape down sides again, add Baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in coconut and m&ms until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Use a gluten free flour mix instead of all purpose flour
Courses Cookie, dessert