Kids. When you have 3 of them, like I do, certain things are important. Having a supply of cookies or freezer cookie dough on hand at all times is one of those important things. Today at about 4 PM we realized that we were out of cookies and cookie dough. That can’t be good. Luckily I have been saving this Fruity Pebbles Cookie Recipe for a rainy day.
Fruity Pebbles are pretty much always in my pantry because they are gluten free and my kids love them for a special treat! So I gathered them, the other cookie ingredients and a secret weapon that makes these cookies out of this world. A box of Vanilla Pudding Mix. Who knew that it could make these cookies taste so flippin’ amazing!
I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and beat the sugar, butter, and pudding mix together. I mixed in the eggs, then the flour.
Finally I carefully stirred in the fruity pebbles. This takes only seconds. I didn’t want to crush them too much, just mix them in.
If you don’t have a Cookie Scoop, I have told you before and I will say it again. They are the best way to get perfectly shaped cookies every time!
I baked these at 350 for about 10 minutes or until golden around the edges.
You will end up with a chewy perfect cookie EVERY TIME! How do they taste? The kids did the dishes tonight without me asking. SERIOUSLY! I am going to make these every day if it gets my dishes done. ROFL.
Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together baking soda and flour and set aside.
- With a mixer cream together butter, pudding mix, and sugar. Beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Finally, slowly add the flour and mix until just combined. Gently fold in Fruity Pebbles just until evenly distributed. Try not to crush them.
- Scoop 1” balls and place on your cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- Use a gluten free flour mix
- Use a dairy free margarine.