I love making my own easy homemade mixes. This Homemade Vanilla Pudding Mix is one of my favorite simple mixes for a treat my family loves! If you have ever made your own Vanilla Pudding you know how much better it is than cheap store bought mixes.
This Homemade Vanilla Pudding Mix is the best of both worlds. It is a simple way to make that Homemade Vanilla Pudding that tastes so amazing but with the simplicity of those quick mixes!
Just mix up a batch and store it in a jar in your pantry for when the pudding mood strikes. If your family really loves pudding feel free to double the recipe. It will still turn out fantastic.
Homemade vanilla pudding mix
Yield 5 batches
DRY PUDDING MIX
- 3/4 cups dry milk powder
- 3/4 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 whole vanilla beans
TO MAKE PUDDING:
- 1/2 cup dry pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl, mix dry milk powder, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Open vanilla beans with a knife, scrape out the seeds and add them to the mixture. Cut the beans in 2-3 pieces and add to the mix too.
- Put in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
To make pudding
- Combine 1/2 cup of the mix with 2 cups of milk in a medium saucepan over high heat, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil (keep an eye on it because this happens quickly!), then reduce heat to a simmer and continue whisking until the mixture thickens and coats the whisk or spoon. (About 3-5 minutes).
- Pour into a container and let it set for at least 5 minutes before serving. Can be served warm or cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
You will love this Homemade Brownie Mix!