I love getting my kids in the kitchen to help me cook. It really boosts their confidence when I give them a recipe that they can put together themselves with a little help. They love learning new tricks in the kitchen depending on their skill level, and little do they know I am secretly working them up to cooking me dinner one day. 😉 It is much easier to get them to eat healthy when they were involved in the process. Who doesn’t want to try something that they made themselves?
My smallest helper got to make dessert with me the other night. We made this Kid Friendly Easy Rice Pudding. We used Uncle Ben’s White Rice to speed up the process. I pre-measured the ingredients for her to make it a very easy dump and stir recipe.
Uncle Ben’s is also hosting a Ben’s Beginners Cooking Contest. Its a nationwide cooking video competition for kids that brings families together to cook a healthy rice based meal. This would be so much fun to do! Kids show tons of personality when the video camera comes out!
My little chef in training with her rice pudding before it went in the oven.
Kid Friendly Simple Rice Pudding
Yield 6 -8
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes.
- It may still look a little runny when you remove it from the oven. Allow the pudding to sit and cool atleast 1 hour. It will thicken.
- You can make this with a dairy free milk substitute. ie: Almond, Coconut, or soy milk.
Cooking with your children makes for a great beginning! Visit
www.unclebens.com and click on The Ben’s Beginners™ Cooking Contest page to learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Uncle Ben’s. The opinions and text are all mine.