I walked into the kitchen earlier and saw this….
Why is it that my kids eat bananas in spurts. One week I can’t buy enough and the next they look like this. I was bound and determined to makes something with them, but not muffins.
Since my kids just got out of school for the summer, I like to throw fun surprises at them. So when I said we were making cookies for breakfast, I got squeals of delight! They thought I had gone crazy baking them cookies for breakfast, but little did they know that they are actually really healthy!
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free flour mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper .
- Mix bananas, peanut butter, canola oil and brown sugar together until relatively smooth. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix oat mixture into banana mixture until everything is combined.
- Place spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
**Gluten Free** Use a gluten free flour mix and gluten free oats.
Preheat the oven to 350, and mix the ingredients according to the directions.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool and serve. Store in an airtight container…if they last that long.