I am pretty sure I just blew my husbands taste buds to shreds with this one. I don’t think any other dessert will ever live up to the high standards these cupcakes just set. These Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes are so simple to make, and will melt in your mouth with their light delicious flavor.
Y’all know I love to bake from scratch when I can, but this is A Few “Short Cuts” and as much as I love baking, I used a box. ~gasp~ Yes, when it comes to red velvet cake I use a boxed mix. It is just easier, and they taste amazing still. Especially when you doctor it up like this one.
I just followed the directions on the box for the cake batter and filled my cupcakes about 1/2 full. In another bowl I mixed up the cheese cake filling and spooned about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp on top of the batter.
Here comes the fun part. Take a butter knife and swirl the cheesecake filling top to bottom then left to right. Don’t worry if you don’t see swirls right away. That cheesecake settles during baking to reveal them. Pop the pan in a 350 oven for about 20-24 mins.
What comes out are these little bites of heaven themselves!
I am pretty sure these are amazing just like this. But if you want to add a little something extra, I would add a little sweetened whipped cream to the top. Oh my mercy….yep….amazing!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (prepared according to package)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare red velvet cake batter according to package. Spoon batter into a cupcake pan filled with paper liners. Fill each cup 1/2 full.
- In a separate bowl whip together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Spoon 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top of each of the cake batter filled cups.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cheesecake by moving it up and down. Then left to right through the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and top with Sweetened whipped cream if desired.
- Store uneaten cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge.