When my hubby rolls out the grill and pulls out a rack of ribs, we know it is going to be a good day! He has always made the best ribs, but dare I say that these Root Beer BBQ Ribs could be the best I have ever eaten! Plus, they really couldn’t be much easier!
The secret this time is this KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub! I have tried seasoning packs before. I am going to be 100% honest, I am usually not impressed enough to try it again. This time is different. Boy was it different! This was our first time using KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub and I will definitely be snagging some more. What a difference it made! They have 3 flavors:
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Spicy Habanero
Each box comes with 2 pouches. This is perfect to use one as a dry rub and one for the sauce, which is just what we did.
Take one of the pouches of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original and sprinkle it over the slab of ribs. Rub it in. Heat your charcoal grill to 250 and place your ribs on the grill. Let them cook for about 4 hours at 250 degrees. You can also choose to do the same thing but in your oven. Either way, get ready for some amazingness.
While the ribs are cooking, mix 3/4 cup of root beer with the other pouch of KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub. I am using the Original flavor. I chose root beer for it’s unique flavor and sweetness. However this KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub is so versatile you can mix it with anything; water, juice, soda, beer, bourbon and more.
Once it is mixed it creates this yummy bbq sauce that we are going to brush onto the ribs. I say we….I mean my hubby, because the grill is his territory (or so I am told.) 🙂
The last 30 minutes of cooking brush the ribs with the sauce. Let them finish grilling for that final 30 minutes with that sauce on them. The smells will have all the neighbors wondering, “What time is dinner?”
I mean look at them. They are perfect! Put them on a platter, bring them in, and slice them up. I am pretty sure I didn’t even have to put them on plates because the kids were hovering before I had a chance to pull them out.
Didn’t they turn out perfectly?! OMG. There is not a rib left in my house. SO AMAZING!
Rootbeer BBQ Ribs
- 1 Slab of St Louis Style Pork Ribs
- 1 Package KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original
- 3/4 Cup Root Beer
- Remove one pouch of the seasoning from the box and use it as a dry rub on the ribs. Heat a charcoal grill (or oven) to 250 degrees. Place ribs on grill or in oven and let them cook for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the other pouch of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original with the 3/4 cup of root beer. This will create a sauce.
- Brush the sauce on the ribs after the 3 hours and 30 minutes. Allow them to cook another 30 minutes with the sauce.
- Remove from grill. Slice. Serve.
You have to try this new KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original. I can’t tell you enough how super impressed I am. Plus Visit KCMasterpiece.com for more recipes, tips and more
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.